Tuesday, January 5, 2010

RSS Feeds

I admit, I have not really known what an RSS feed is . . . and now I sorta know! In fact, I added five favorite websites to my "feeds" folder on my Internet Browser. This is cool. I can see now why I have got those "Add to RSS feed?" messages on the Internet (and not knowing what they meant, just ignored them). And yes, there are many ways libraries could untilize this tool. I like the idea of having "Book Club" blogs --- one for each genre readers are interested in. Then readers who like to write (post) and read about books in a particular genre could put that blog on an RSS feed so they will always know when there is a new post.
And of course, the librarian who collects for that genre would always post when new books have been put on the shelves, as well as making comments about "noteworthy books" in the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment