Saturday, January 30, 2010

Social Bookmarking

This is a fun "thing." On a snowy day like today when I am housebound (in midstate Arkansas), I can envision spending whole afternoons discovering websites on subjects I am interested in. I also like the idea of having my own bookmarked websites available to me from wherever I access the Internet. Since "Delicious" made me think of food, I bookmarked a couple of recipe websites on my account. Then I looked at other users' recipe bookmarks, and that opened up a whole new world!

I think that social bookmarking would be a great thing for libraries to utilize and encourage, with the usual disclaimer regarding reliability and accredibility of websites. In fact, we might even find our patrons doing some of our reference work, as they come up with and share creditable resources from the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment