Monday, May 10, 2010

Google Docs

Google Docs was new to me, and it was interesting to work with. I like the idea of online accessibility of files, even if it is just by me, working from different computers (at home or at work, for example). And it would be very useful also for group collaborations. For example, members of a book club could all contribute to "Discussion Questions" they would like to talk about for the book the group is currently reading.
I tried doing a presentation. I could imagine members of a family all contributing to a "memory book" for one of the relatives...or employees for a coworker. If departments of an organization were doing a joint presentation, and especially if the departments were in different locations, this could be an effective way to work together. I also tried a spreadsheet, and a form. Each of these formats seemed fairly easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment