Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wikis

I like wikis! I had never looked at the Discussion or History tabs on Wikipedia before. That was pretty interesting. I saw something I disagreed with the other day on a Wikipedia page. Now I can't remember what article I was reading, but the next time, I'll make a comment.

It was fun playing on the Frisco Restaurant wiki. I set up a new page for the Market Street in-store food court. Unfortunately, I accidentally set it up as a sub-page under Irish Rover before I realized I wasn't on the home page. I went back and created it as a sub-page for the home page, but I could never figure out how to remove it as sub-page under Irish Rover once it was there. What am I missing?

I think an internal wiki would be great for Frisco Public Library departmental policies and procedures. It seems like they are very fluid and frequentlyy being revised or changed, and it would be handy to have all the information in one place, rather than trying to find all the past e-mails on a subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment